Join Our Team!
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
After school specialists provide afterschool participants with an enriching program that will facilitate recreation, education and/or enrichment activities. This position will assist in the coordination and implementation of the day-to-day operations of My Dynamic Academy After-School Program including daily tutoring, homework, enrichment, and physical activities components.
- Uphold the My Dynamic Academy Mission and Vision into the daily implementation practices during each class.
- Responsible for providing a safe and adequate program environment conducive to an enriching and intentional educational experience for students.
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day programming including the immediate reporting of emergency situations, personnel conflicts to your immediate supervisor.
- Capable of managing and leading a classroom environment of up to 20 students.
- Collaborate and participate with school day initiatives that are relevant to after school programming including youth leadership, service learning, tutoring programs, back-to-school events, and other activities taking place afterschool.
- Maintain positive and open communication with program personnel through on-site weekly meetings and periodic program assessments.
Responsible for effective program planning throughout the year that includes session planning, development of class selections for students, site visits, culminating events, monthly calendaring, collaboration with core day initiatives, and real-life experiences for students.
- Maintain positive and open communications with school administration and
- Responsible for maintaining student participation and average daily attendance.
- Attend all required management staff meetings, chapter meetings, school site meetings.
- Travel to off-site meetings, trainings and events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Available to work evenings
- Ability to work both on-site and remotely
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow direction and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong content and subject-matter knowledge
- Ability to support and guide students
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time-management skills
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook, PowerPoint and experience using them in a professional capacity
- Ability to build relationships effectively and professionally with families and students
- Experience developing and implementing curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Full Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Accrued Paid Time Off, beginning your first pay period
- Paid Holidays