Join Our Team!
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Certified teachers provide instruction, observe, and evaluate student performance. They create lesson plans, grade homework, administer tests, lead class discussions, maintain discipline and provide additional assistance as needed by students in order to guarantee academic success. They make a difference in the lives of students from the comfort and convenience of their own home, while utilizing the latest in web-based curriculum and technology.
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, health, physical education, and other appropriate learning activities to pupils in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communication skills, and other general elements of the course of study specified in state law, administrative regulations, procedures and the Mission Statement of the School District.
- Provides planned learning experiences in order to motivate pupils and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Assesses student test performance results and develops lesson plans and instructional materials for the class including individualized and small group instruction as necessary in order to adapt the curriculum performance standards to the needs of each pupil.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of pupils, keep appropriate records, prepares progress reports, and communicates with parents on the individual pupil’s progress.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Creates with assistance from students, a functional and attractive environment for learning through such things as displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the District and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
- Administers examinations as mandated by the state.
- Performs basic attendance accounting and business services as required.
- Additional Related Duties/Responsibilities: Supervises pupils on recess, bus, and before and after school duty and in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs.
- Participates in curriculum development programs within the school of assignment and/or on a District level.
- May plan and coordinate the work of aides, teacher assistants and other paraprofessionals.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow direction and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Teaching credential/certificate/license for corresponding age/grade level
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships effectively and professionally with families and students
- Experience developing and implementing curriculum
- Physical ability to handle frequent sitting, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, and moving throughout the room
- Proven ability to maintain a safe and studious classroom environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Full Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Accrued Paid Time Off, beginning your first pay period
- Paid Holidays